Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Whew! I'm tired


Shakespeare had to have had a garden. The Tempest wasn't about a man and his slave, it was about a garden and it's slave. Why else would he have written, "I'll rack thee with old cramps, and fill all thy bones with aches"?

It was such a nice day, too. Seventy-something degrees, blue skies, gentle winds, birds singing, sun gently warming your face, and a cold beer in hand. Could have went for a drive. Could have went for a stroll. Instead, I went to planting, digging, raking, transplanting, grunting, groaning, and moaning. I'm wooped. Somebody get me another pale ale, will you?

2 Comments:

Blogger CG said...

what does 3/8 mean in your sidebar under this year's garden?

11:27 PM  
Blogger javaseeker said...

Hey cg, I've just started planting for the new year...3/8 is the date. My wife went crazy today with the planting (see the new 3/9's), I hope I can get enough beds ready for it all!

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Ooltewah, Tennessee Forecast