Thursday, February 23, 2006

huckleberry eatin', trout catchin', bikin' good time




My Mrs. took off with the digital camera for a trip up to wisconsin and minnesota, so I thought I'd relive some history this week. Click on the scenic picture to try to find me riding my bike. Oh, the sky was a cheap camera, accidental double exposure by my sister...sweet, eh?

Breaking down camp that morning before dawn, we hit the Turtle Rock Loop Trail for some singletrack riding bikers can only dream of. We rode past aspen, beaver ponds, magnificent rock formations and awesome views. Stopping for a breather and a drink, we spotted some wild huckleberries to gobble up. Some movement in the tiny creek nearby caught my eye, and I noticed a trout maybe 10 inches long with his head under a rock overhang. Since he couldn't see me, I got real close and in a lightning strike from above, I plunged my hand down into the waters and grasped the base of his tail. "Yes! I got h...wait...darnitt!" I, uh, didn't think about actually catching the thing and what to do with it once I had. Would have been nice if I would have slung 'em to the bank. Oh, well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Ooltewah, Tennessee Forecast