Wednesday, December 13, 2006

bluebirds

Down below our home on the ridge, a creek runs through the valley and joins Wolftever Creek on its way out to Harrison Bay and the Tennessee River. I haven't once thought of a birdbath since the little creek runs year-round. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to put out one with pebbles in it, out on the deck near the feeders. Within 3 days, the bluebirds discovered it. Now, when they're resting from feeding on the orange fruits of the bittersweet vine, they all perch on my deck railing and gutters, and guzzle from the new birdbath. I've seen nine at a time on the bath and railing--only 5-10ft from my window.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely. I hope I can entice some bluebirds to set up shop on our new place next year.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Ooltewah, Tennessee Forecast