Friday, October 06, 2006

shrimpin' time


For the last eight years I've made the seven hour pilgrimage to my second home--Hunting Island, South Carolina. It's where I find my soul once again on the deserted beaches and jungle-like woodlands of this state park. Just take a cast-net and a stroll along the beach and you'll never know what you might find. I took a good friend out for his first time shrimping, and he's now addicted too. Blue crab omelettes, shrimp alfredo, and my personal favorite, shrimp grilled over an open fire, are all what makes me dream to return all year long. The above photo is my buddy checking on the goldenness of our freshly caught dinner. Olive oil and garlic salt are all that is needed for finger-licking heaven!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Ooltewah, Tennessee Forecast