Monday, March 26, 2007

bottlin' the cheap stuff


This happens to be my first attempt at making beer. A pilsner to be exact. A friend's pop got one of these brewing kits for christmas and never got around to doing anything with it. The ingredients were so old the powders were bricks. The yeast expired in May 2004. Maybe that's how it ended up in my hands. I figured it would be a good test run before starting my brewing for real (got a 6 gallon kit from Northern Brewer while up in St. Paul MN a couple weeks ago). If I screwed up along the way, oh well, it was free. As the goofy group Da Yoopers sings, "The greatest beer in this whole land is the one you get for free." And, as proof in the pictures, the flavor's turned not so bad either.


They only include enough bottles for making one six-pack at a time (ingredients for 4 rounds). A lot of work and time for one or two buzzes, I'd say. I was able to squeeze a seventh bottle in, sort of a bonus bottle of bottom sediments, of which I put maple syrup into. In 10 days I'll let you know how it went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Ooltewah, Tennessee Forecast