Sunday, April 01, 2007

Ahhhh, beer



I suspect the sedimentary beer is best. I know it hadn't been 10 days of rest yet, but I couldn't resist. The six pack I made from the cheap, old, hand-me-down kit had left me with enough sediment-filled liquid at the bottom of the plastic jug to experiment with. Instead of the recommended 1/4 teaspoon sugar put in each bottle before capping, I put in 3 chugs of Michigan's finest sugar replacement--maple syrup. I don't think brewers appreciate the 3 chug method, but it turned out AWESOME!! With the subsequent warnings of not putting in too much sugar in the bottle lest you have explosions, I decided to crack this one open at two days. Good thing, too. After chilling it, I popped it open and the live action started. Foaming profusely, I drank up the sweet stuff and spurted out, "This's good!" while it dribbled down my chin. Maple syrup pilsner. Mmmmm. This summer's gonna be sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Ooltewah, Tennessee Forecast