Sunday, July 22, 2007

blackberry booze

Today I finished this year's batch of blackberry cordial. Last year's was so good, I simply HAD to do more. We picked a couple of quarts of blackberries at Crabtree Organic Farms a week ago, and steeped them in brandy. Today I made a simple syrup out of organic cane sugar and added it to the brandy after straining out the berries. Mmmm-wow! It tastes like a light blackberry port. Very nice.


The recipe went something like 2 quarts berries, 6 cups brandy, and the syrup (2c sugar + 1c water). Last year I had made the cordial with vodka, but this year we had been given a couple bottles of brandy from a friend, so tried this one out. Not typically a brandy fan, but this is damn good!

2 Comments:

Blogger Madcap said...

I've got to direct my husband over here to have a look at what you're doing. He's pretty keen on setting up his own boozerie. Looks delicious.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, I'm going to drink all of it!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Ooltewah, Tennessee Forecast