Monday, June 19, 2006

Our very second tomato...

Our very second and third tomatoes of the year. We absolutely could not wait for pictures of the first one! These are Druzhba heirlooms. Originally from Bulgaria, they are resistant to cracking and blossom end rot. Having a variety of tomatoes helps provide an extended harvest, and insurance on having crops each year. These Druzhbas may not be my ultimate favorite of tomatoes, but being the first to eat certainly makes them my favorite of June!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Cool, I'm copying the name for near future reference...

1:19 AM  
Blogger javaseeker said...

Sometimes spelled Druzba, too. I just love trying different types, finding different situations suite each.

I absolutely love your gardens, Jim. They're looking incredible.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Ooltewah, Tennessee Forecast