Monday, August 21, 2006

Abundant summer, abundant work


It's small harvests like this that pull me closer to the brink.

Becca and I grow close to the time of the good life, stepping down to step up to what is right. Our hours of enjoyment in the good things in life (cooking, growing, building, studying, loving together) have given way to the hours of drudgery in too much Babylonic work. The stress and hours of the lifestyle that is Babylon weakens the resolve and excitement of creating life in one's own soil. Fortunately, with a little effort, we receive reminders of the abundant pleasures in the life we seek.

2 Comments:

Blogger Severina said...

I have enjoyed looking at your blog, I will check back often to read your thoughts, S

1:12 AM  
Blogger javaseeker said...

Thanks Severina...hopefully I'll see you around soon.

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Ooltewah, Tennessee Forecast